Glushkov, Spartacus Alexandrovich (Russian), b. 1925

1925
Born in Yaroslavl on the 19th September into the family of a servant.
1934 – 1941
studied in schools No 1 and No 3 in the town of Yaroslavl.
1943
Cadet of the Kalinkovich military school. Served from August on the 2nd Belorussian front. Won the medal ‘For military service’.
1944
heavily wounded, hospitalised then discharged from the army as an invalid of the Great Patriotic War. Entered the Yaroslavl art institute, where he studied under Yu M Druzhinina, V N Druzhinin, M A Kichigan, V V Kortovich, A A Churin.
1949
Graduated, with the diploma work ‘Concert on the front’.
1950
worked as an art teacher in school No1 in Yaroslavl.
1951
accepted to work in the comradeship of artists in Yaroslavl.
1953
began to work in regional art exhibitions
1958
took part in an All Union exhibition
1959
work in the creative house “Chelyuskin”
1960
accepted as a member of the Union of Artists of the USSR
participated in the first Republic exhibition “Soviet Russia”
met V.A Favorsky whom he considered from that moment his mentor
1961
worked in the artist workshop of the famous Soviet graphic artist M.G Roiter in the creative house “Chelyuskin”
1964
participated in the first regional exhibition Upper Volga
started working on illustrated books
1965
named a member of the Art Council of Local Industry
1967
won an award from the ruling secretariat of the Union of Artists of the USSR for outstanding work
met artists Pavel Kuznetzovi, Vladimir Yukini, and patron of the arts Joseph Brodsky
1970
won the medal for “fantastic work in the celebration of the 100th year anniversary of Lenin’s birth”
1975
opened his personal exhibition in Yaroslavl for his 50th birthday
1976-1985
exhibitions in Yaroslavl, Uglich, Tula, Gorkiy, Leningrad
1986-1989
worked in various commissions to preserve architectural memorials of Yaroslavl and the region and also on the territory of Russia
1994
died 18th July after prolonged illness
buried in Leontyevsky cemetery in Yaroslavl

…He exploded into Russian art very quickly. Observers immediately noticed not only the technical quality of his black and white and colour printing but most notable the ability of the artist to express the habits, the motives of nature and architecture, in particular the “Glushkov mood”: The quiet life of small towns, their provincial architecture, redolent of the memory of past generations.


Sort by: Title | Date | Medium | Size | Price
Big Moscow Street,Pereslavl
Available

Big Moscow Street,Pereslavl

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1963

Works on Paper: Linocut

47 x 64 cm

£ 750.00

Glushkov Doll
Available

Glushkov Doll

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1973

Works on Paper: Linocut

40 x 40 cm

£ 750.00

Goresky Monastery
Available

Goresky Monastery

(exists in collection of Pushkin State Museum, Moscow)

1967

Works on Paper: Linocut

42 x 69 cm

£ 750.00

Merchant
Available

Merchant

1960s

Works on Paper: Linocut

40 x 40 cm

£ 750.00

Our Song
Available

Our Song

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1986

Works on Paper: Linocut

47 x 60 cm

£ 750.00

Pereslavl
Available

Pereslavl

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1960s

Works on Paper: Linocut

30 x 50 cm

£ 750.00

The Bloody Friday
Available

The Bloody Friday

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1972

Works on Paper: Linocut

47 x 62 cm

£ 1,000.00

The Song (We are red cavalry men)
Available

The Song (We are red cavalry men)

1975

Works on Paper: Linocut

50 x 63 cm

£ 1,000.00

We are not Slaves
Available

We are not Slaves

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1969

Works on Paper: Linocut

40 x 40 cm

£ 750.00

Witnesses of History
Available

Witnesses of History

(exists in collection of Pereslavl State Art Museum)

1968

Works on Paper: Linocut

48 x 51 cm

£ 750.00

Web Site Built By
Regent Internet